Anti Vibration Pads
An anti vibration pad is a special type of padding, designed to absorb and evenly distribute vibrations to nominal levels. They are perfect for helping to reduce noise levels and structural damage from vibrating equipment and machinery in a wide range of applications.
How do they work?
Ranging in size and layers, anti-vibration pads are specifically designed to absorb shock and movement. Usually made from some type of rubber which is incompressible by nature, they are able to deflect the movement by changing shape rather than volume.
Types of Anti-Vibration Pads
- Pads - Bearing pads, damping pads they are essentially the same thing. Square in nature, they are able to cover larger areas and can usually be joined together with multiple pads to suit your needs
- Tapes - The tapes are similar to their counterpart pads. The offer the same features of shock absorption except they are in long tape form. Perfect for fitting around wall edges, can be easily manipulated and cut to specified shape and have some kind of sticky backing for quick attachment. Come in a variety of widths and lengths and are ideal where space is restricted.
- Chips - Smaller counterparts to pads and tapes, they offer you the ability to cover smaller surface areas. Perfect for smaller machinery with minimal shock or vibration output.
Why use anti vibration pads?
Anti vibration pads are quick and easy to install in a wide range of applications, providing instant vibration and shock resistance. These vibration dampening pads help to improve working conditions by reducing environmental noise from machinery, as well as enhancing structural safety. Anti vibration mats also feature a high resistance to moisture depending on the rubber type.
Where might I use one?
- Factory machinery
- Warehouse or production lines
- Domestic appliances and equipment such as washing machines